The Story Girl

vale shirt in brown silk

I made my Vale shirt in some slightly sueded brown silk recently. The fabric is a nice warm brown and has a bit of stretch.

When I bought the fabric I didn’t quite purchase enough of it, so the top yoke has a seam down the center back since I didn’t have enough to cut on the fold. The regular Vale shirt doesn’t have that seam.

Chris just surprised me with a beautiful peachy Ilana Kohn scarf and it goes with this shirt perfectly, reminding me of Neapolitan ice cream (I only ever ate the chocolate though!). I love seeing photos of Ilana’s marbling process – it’s really fascinating how she has troughs of paint laid out in her apartment.

Comments (7)

Comments (7)

1. elena gold Says:
    March 6th, 2012 at 8:47 pm

i LOVE this shirt. it looks so beautiful on you! i especially love the seam detail on the sleeves. and i actually love the center back seam! obsessing!!! is this the shirt you wore when we saw the artist??

2. sallie Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 6:10 am

that is the perfect spring shirt! I love it – and the scarf is amazing. a beautiful pairing. funny – i only ate the strawberry from my neapolitan….

3. Caitlin Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 8:22 am

Sallie: we would get along nicely! just need someone else to eat all the vanilla :)

4. Caitlin Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 8:24 am

Elena: thank you for all your comments (flickr included)! yes, i’m pretty sure it’s what i wore that time.

5. jen Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 8:31 am

So beautiful! The colors of the top and scarf look SO good on you, and on that background, perfection. Cutie!!!! I just bought some sueded forest green silk and can’t decide what to do with it yet, it the sueded part makes it feel so special. Also if you’re ever looking for a pal to eat neapolitan with, I eat everything but the chocolate.

6. Caitlin Says:
    March 7th, 2012 at 9:36 am

Jen: Thanks! I used to dislike the way sueded silk feels but now I’m all about it, so luxurious. Sounds like we are a Neapolitan match made in ice cream heaven :)

7. margaret Says:
    April 3rd, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I love your hair styled this way. Very soft yet structured at the same time.